So I use my iPhone hotspot all the time. I used to simply set the hotspot over wifi.
But I learned how to get the hotspot to work over USB, possibly making it a bit faster, yeah? Since the data goes over cable not via wifi between phone and computer.
I use Ubuntu Linux.
- Make sure USB is disconnected between phone and computer.
- Make sure Personal Hotspot is off in phone.
- Plug in phone via usb to computer
- You should be prompted to ‘Trust’ the computer- do that, go ahead and select Trust the connection.
- Enable hotspot on the phone
- Now, under network management- where you select what connection you want, you should have a ‘wired connection’ option. Select that (it may auto connect also).
- Should soon read Networking Interface Connected to Wired Connection 1/2/etc.